Friday, August 6, 2010

Week one (Again)

Ok, I've completed two of the three bike work outs in the beginner program. I will do the last one tomorrow. Tomorrow is supposed to be a "long" bike, much like a running schedule has a long run day. I'm supposed to include at least, but no more than, 4 inclines intense enough for me to have to stand up in the pedals. Ugh. Sounds tough, but this is just the beginning and eventually I will get there. I still have to add the weight lifting to my schedule. I did do push ups and sit ups tonight. I figure I can at least do that until I start doing the weights.

I'm a little disheartened that Jeff and Jackson haven't done anything yet. We all supposedly started together on August 1, but no one has been to the rec center since we joined it except me. Trying to rally the family to change our lifestyle is hard to do, and I don't want to nag. We still have 9 months until the race, but I'm certainly not going to sign up for it if no one is training. It's too expensive! I think it's like $125 per person. And getting everyone to eat better is tough too. Well, a little at a time. Jeff said he'd go to the rec center with me tomorrow- if his back is feeling better. He can't move much tonight. And Jackson DID go with me this evening. We only had time to work out 15 minutes because we didn't know the rec center closes at 9PM on Fridays. Anyway, we're trying...

No comments:

Post a Comment